- This event has passed.
Public Info Open House
August 25, 2021 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Rochester Historic Resources Survey – Northwest & Northeast Quadrants
Working on behalf of the City of Rochester, The Landmark Society recently completed an inventory of historic buildings, structures, and sites in the Northwest and Northeast quadrants of the city. Join us for an information drop-in open house to learn about the results of the project and share any important historic properties in your neighborhood.
What this project covers:
- Typical historic building types in the Northwest and Northeast Quadrants of the City.
- The development history of these quadrants, including the history of racist housing policies like Redlining and Urban Renewal.
- Existing and potential National Register historic districts (some see whether your neighborhood may be eligible for the NYS Homeowner Tax Credit program!)
- Information about how neighborhoods can document and explore their history and the older buildings in it.
Who should attend?
- YOU! Especially residents and property owners in the areas on the map–north of I-490, the Inner Loop, and E Main St.
- Anyone interested in historic buildings and sites in Rochester.
- Neighborhood leaders and community advocates.
Wednesday, August 25th | 5:30-7:30 PM (drop-in any time!) | David F. Gantt Recreation Center, 700 North Street