- This event has passed.
Park Ave. Historic District Public Info Meeting
August 22 @ 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Join The Landmark Society, the NY State Historic Preservation Office, & your neighbors to learn about the upcoming listing of the Park Avenue Historic District in the National Register of Historic Places! The Landmark Society, ABC Streets Neighborhood Association, Park Meigs Neighborhood Association, and Barrington Street Neighborhood Association have been working for several years to make this honor a reality for the neighborhood. Attend this public information meeting and learn more about the process and the benefits of National Register listing. National Register listing does not create any restrictions for private property owners. It does qualify homeowners for the NYS Historic Homeowners Rehab Tax Credit program. With this new listing you can save money on qualifying repairs and upgrades to your home!
You probably have questions and we definitely have answers. (Visit the project page for some preliminary info)
We’ll answer questions like:
- Does this mean the government is going to tell me what to do with my home? (No!)
- Can I make changes to my house? (yes)
- How can I save money on repairs to my home?
- What type of work qualifies for historic tax credits?
- How do I apply for tax credits?
- How is the National Register different from a City Preservation District?
- How does this listing affect me?
- What are the boundaries of the historic district?