Landmark Travels – Arte Cuba
April 22, 2024 - May 2, 2024
We last traveled to Cuba in 2019 and we have been trying to schedule another trip since then! We are excited that we are finally going back to this beautiful island for an 11 day Landmark Travels tour. We have a wonderful trip planned that highlights the arts and coincides with the Havana International Art Biennial. We will be staying in Havana, Cienfuegos, and Varadero, and visit three UNESCO World Heritage Sites and one UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Architecture, Music, Art, and great food in the company of Landmark friends (old or new). A classic Landmark Travels tour going for a fourth time!
- Panoramic Tour of Modern Havana in privately-owned vintage cars
- Visit to the Workshop School in Havana
- Tour of UNESCO World Heritage site, Old Havana
- Guided Visit to Museum of Fine Arts Cuba Collection
- Visit to Jardines de la Tropical – 1906 Art Nouveau beer garden and dance hall
- Visit to Finca Vigia – Hemingway’s hilltop villa
- Performance at Clave del Sol – music community project
- Tour, lunch, and swim at UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Sierra del Rosario
- Havana Compass Dance, exchange with students and instructors
- Fusterlandia, lunch and immersion in Jose Fuster’s outrageous ceramist neighborhood
- Visit Korimakao, a rural cultural community
- Day trip to UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trinidad de Cuba Historical Center
- Guided walking tour of UNESCO World Heritage Site, Cienfuegos Historical Center including Tomas Terry Theatre
- Mansion Xanadu, Irenee DuPont’s former residence in Varadero
- Roundtrip Van to Toronto
- Roundtrip Airfare to Varadero International Airport
- 10 hotel nights: 1 Toronto Airport Hotel, 5 Grand Aston Hotel in Havana; 2 Hotel Villas Palacio Azul and Casa Verde by Melia in Cienfuegos; 2 Sol Caribe Beach Hotel by Melia in Varadero
- 23 Meals: 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 7 dinners included
- Luxury air-conditioned coach transportation and professional driver in Cuba
- All activities, speakers, and meetings
- Landmark Society staff tour escorts
- An expert Cuban English-speaking guide and translator throughout the program
- Official Asistur Cuban health insurance coverage
- All gratuities for Cuban tour guide, bus driver, housekeeping staff, restaurant staff, porters, etc.
- Cuban airport departure tax
- Cuban Tourist Card (Visa)
- We take a motorcoach to Toronto for a non-stop flight to Varadero.
- Once in Cuba, we’ll transfer to our hotel in Havana, then our hotels in Cienfuegos and Varadero.
- We will return on a non-stop flight from Varadero to Toronto where our motorcoach will bring us back to Rochester.
- $5,615 (member double occupancy) $6,015 (non-member double occupancy)
- $6,259 (member single) $6,659 (non-member single)
- $500 nonrefundable deposit required by November 20, 2023.
- Final payment due January 19, 202
Be sure to review the terms and conditions in the registration form carefully to understand the insurance and other travel requirements. If you download the form, you will be able to fill it out on your computer.
Registration is limited so please contact Carolyn Haygood, (585) 537-5952, to reserve a space on the tour by placing the deposit on your credit card.