- This event has passed.
Informational Meeting: Potential Park Ave. Historic District
March 23, 2017 @ 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
The area in the Park Avenue neighborhood of the city of Rochester, outlined in brown in the map above (click image to see larger view), is potentially eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places as a historic district. This honorary program does not place any restrictions on private property owners. It does allow homeowners in the district to take advantage of the NYS Historic Homeowners Tax Credit program.
Learn more at an informational meeting on Thursday, March 23rd.
We’ll answer questions like:
- Who qualifies for the NYS Historic Homeowners Tax Credit program?
- What type of work qualifies for tax credits?
- How do I apply for tax credits?
- How do I make my home eligible?
- Does listing our neighborhood in a National Register Historic District create restrictions on what I can do to my home (Answer: No)
- What’s the difference between a National Register Historic District and a City Preservation District?
Interested? Please RSVP to Caitlin Meives at The Landmark Society. If you aren’t able to make this meeting, additional informational meetings will be scheduled.
Thursday, March 23 | 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Immanuel Baptist Church, 815 Park Ave. | RSVP to Caitlin Meives