This Saturday: share your vision for E. Main & party with us!
Engage in envisioning the past, present, and future of East Main Street! Check out street art, food trucks, a beer garden, tactical urbanism installations, family-friendly activities….even meet a possible new pet from the Verona Street Animal Shelter! Top it all off with the YUPs’ Save the Block Party, featuring DJ Alykhan (5-8 pm) and DJ Stinky (8-10 pm). During the party, we’ll be projecting images across the street, onto The Landmark Society’s Five to Revive block. If you have a vision for this block, send it our way and we might include it!
Saturday, October 1st | 3-10 PM | southwest corner of E Main St. & Clinton St., in front of The Metropolitan | FREE ADMISSION!
- Celebrate City Living expo (3-6 PM)
- Special access to lobbies of Main St. buildings (3-6 PM)
- Urban play elements from HealthiKids (all day!)
- Public art from Shawn Dunwoody (all day!)
- Food and drinks from The Daily Refresher
- Food from RocCity Sammich
- Save the Block Party with DJ Alykhan (5-8 PM) and DJ Stinky (8-10 PM)
- Performance by One Dance Co. (7:45 PM)
- Visions of Main + Rochester Love Notes projected onto the former McCrory’s building (8 PM)
A RocCity Coalition event in partnership with City of Rochester, NY – Mayor’s Office, Celebrate City Living, Young Urban Preservationists, The Rose Fellowship, Healthi Kids, The Landmark Society of Western New York, Inc., Shawn Dunwoody, Rochester Downtown Development Corporation, Rochester Young Professionals, and The Metropolitan.
Register for the Rust Belt Takeover in Cincinnati
The Rust Belt Takeover is next weekend, October 7th – 9th. The Cincinnati Preservation Collective will be hosting a series of meetups, explorations, activities, tours, roundtable discussions, picnics, a hashtag competition (and award ceremony), rides on the Cincinnati Bell Connector, and lots of Preservationist Pale Ale brewed by Taft’s Ale House! After completing a brief registration (see link below), you’ll be sent a questionnaire with more details.