2015 Planning Meeting tomorrow night at Butapub
Calling all YUPs! With input from the YUPs who attended our last Open Meeting back in September, we’ve sketched out a slew of awesome events and activities for 2015. Now we need your help to implement them! Thursday, Feb. 5th is your chance to get involved with the Young Urban Preservationists and help make a difference here in Rochester and in communities across our region. This is an open and welcoming meeting–if you’ve been thinking about getting involved, now is the perfect time!
ButaPub at The Historic German House in the South Wedge will be hosting us and offering a tour of the building. So stop in after work, grab some drinks, some food (the tempura sweet potato fries are AMAZING!), and get down to business.
Here’s the lineup of projects with which you can get involved:
- Small Town Field Trips
- Homeowner Workshops/Old House Hacks
- YUP house tour/progressive reception
- Pop-up event to draw attention to vacant historic building
- WHERE THE #&@% AM I? coaster project
- Mixer with Buffalo’s Young Preservationists
- Bikes, Beer, Buildings Scavenger Hunt
- Possible event at Stone-Tolan Historic Site with local brewery
- In partnership with RoCo on Slow Art Day: Hurry Up & Wait – Fast-paced lightning presentations explore the art of slowing down to consider the environment that surrounds you.
YUP and Landmark Society classes coming to The Brainery
YUP co-founder and Landmark staffer, Caitlin Meives, along with her colleague, Cynthia Howk, will be leading a series of two classes on American architectural history at the Rochester Brainery on February 10th and 17th. A few of us YUPs will also be doing a class in March. Follow the links below to register.
- Crash Course in American Architectural History, Part I: 19th Century SOLD OUT!!!
- Crash Course in American Architectural History, Part II: 20th Century
- Old House Hacks: Windows & Doors [presented by the YUPs]
Join us for the Color Run!
A few of us YUPs created a team for the Color Run on May 23rd. Why not join us?! Click here to sign up for Team YUP!
Guess what–we’re on Instagram now too!
Follow us @youngurbanpres!