And, the envelope, please…! It’s again time for The Landmark Society’s Annual Preservation Awards, given to individuals and organizations in our nine-county area that have made outstanding efforts in the preservation of their homes, public buildings, historic properties, and landscapes.
The ceremony will be held Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Rochester’s historic City Hall, itself an award-winning example of adaptive reuse.
We are proud to announce the following winners of the 2017 Preservation Awards:
Barber Conable Award
- Eastman Gardens 800 East Main Street, City of Rochester, Monroe County
Award of Merit
- Bevier Memorial Building 42 South Washington Street, City of Rochester, Monroe County
- Bath House – Hamlin Beach State Park Lake Ontario State Parkway, Town of Hamlin, Monroe County
- Palmyra Community Library 402 East Main Street, Village of Palmyra, Wayne County
- American Hall Building and former Citizens Bank 59 Market Street and 8 Main Street, Village of Attica, Wyoming County
- Statue of Liberty replica Oatka Creek Park, Village of LeRoy, Genesee County
Historic Landscape Award
- The Wadsworth Family: The Homestead and Hartford House properties Main Street, Village of Geneseo, Livingston County
Historic Home Award
- 1316 East Avenue Rochester, New York – Owners: Lewis & Kathy Parker
Paul Malo Award for Community Preservation Advocacy
- Lynne J. Belluscio Director, LeRoy Historical Society
- Trude Brown Fitelson Thousand Island Park, Jefferson County
- William B. Morse Lumber Company 340 West Main Street, Rochester, New York
- Ted Robertson, carpenter-contractor Kirkwall Construction – Rochester, New York
For a full description and photos of award winners, please view our Winter 2017 Landmarks Magazine.
2 thoughts on “2017 Preservation Awards”
More pictures to accompany text, i.e. Eastman Garden mural.
Thanks for the suggestion, William – we’ve added a picture that shows the Eastman Garden murals on the Barber Conable Award: Eastman Gardens page. 🙂
Comments are closed.