(Please review the refund policies below before purchasing)
4-Day Intensive Seminar (June 12-15, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM):
1-Day Introductory Seminar (June 16, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM):
All refund requests must be made in writing, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the 1-day seminar, full refunds are available through June 6th. After June 6th, full refunds minus a 50% processing fee.
- For the 4-day seminar, full refunds are available through June 2nd. After June 2nd, full refunds minus a $50 processing fee.
Our work site will be the c.1850 one room schoolhouse at the Cobblestone Museum, outside of Albion, NY.
1-Day Workshop Outline
- Overview of 4-day seminar topics
- Small amount of hands on work (glazing and glass cutting)
4-Day Seminar Outline
- Your goals
- Safety lecture
- Condition evaluation of old windows
- Early window construction techniques
- Removing sashes from the window opening
- Removing putty
- Removing paint
- Removing glass
- Remove at least 3 units and begin work
- Evaluation of previous day’s work
- Installing new sash cords
- Different weight pocket configurations (or none at all)
- Alternative and historic balance systems for windows with no balances
- Weatherstripping old windows
- Traditional zinc weatherstrips
- Cushion and spring bronze strips
- Silicone bulbs and other materials
- Meeting rail blocks, Andersen Pulley Seals, etc.
- Locking Hardware
- Painting windows
- Materials, tools, techniques
- Storm windows, and other window treatments
- Wood storms and screens and combo units
- Aluminum storm sashes
- Interior storm sashes