We heard about this product at our NY Statewide Preservation Conference this past weekend and thought it might be useful to those in localities where the preservation process can lag, and more immediate, interim fixes for vacant buildings are needed before new uses can be visioned for them.Check it out!:
SecureView clearboarding is a cutting edge historic preservation tactic.
SecureView is a polycarbonate boarding material used on vacant properties in lieu of plywood. SecureView reduces unwanted behaviors at vacant properties. Banks and cities are taking a proactive approach by investing in SecureView while communities across the country are passing ordinances or encouraging Blight Mitigation Plans that no longer allow structures to be boarded with plywood.
Check out the First Responders Video – demonstrating the durability and safety of SecureView ClearBoarding.
Quote from Fire Chief in Maryland:
“SecureView Clearboarding is a game changer with the security of vacant buildings. It provides a more secure board up process, as well as, a lot cleaner aesthetic appearance from the street. The fact that SecureView has recognized the necessity of the fire service knowing about their product speaks tremendously about the company. SecureView can definitely pose a formidable challenge to fire service members, whether gaining access or needing egress, and the assistance that is being provided for educating our members is exceptional.”
Quote from Tehachapi CA Police Department:
“I am glad more cities are getting on board. This is great for neighborhoods. We still have yet to have anybody get past the polycarbonate.”
SecureView polycarbonate Clearboarding is great for:
- A vacant and abandoned property that you have secured numerous times
- A property that has become a hub for crime, drug activity, squatters, etc.
- A boarded property near any school or school route or on a major thoroughfare where visitors to your city pass
- A vacant property where boarding would significantly impact surrounding property values
- A historic property where you want to ensure the property isn’t compromised